Boston-based composer Michael Gandolfi has a broad range of musical interests encompassing not only contemporary concert music but also jazz, blues and rock, by which route he first became a musician. The span of his musical investigation is paralleled by his cultural curiosity, resulting in many points of contact between the world of music and other disciplines, including science, film, and theater.
Mr. Gandolfi has received commissions from the Atlanta Symphony, the Fromm Foundation, Boston Musica Viva, Speculum Musicae, and the Koussevitzky Foundation, among many others.
In addition to fulfilling commissions, Mr. Gandolfi also teaches: he’s currently chair of the Composition Department at the New England Conservatory of Music and is a faculty member of the Tanglewood Music Center.
14 May . 2016
The Cantilena Chamber Choir
Trinity Church | Lenox . Massachusetts
• World premiere of Ascending Light performed by the BSO, under the baton of Andris Nelsons » Video Excerpts
• Michael Gandolfi: From the Institutes of Groove is now available!
• Explore the exciting world premiere of Chesapeake: Summer of 1814 by the Reno Philharmonic.
• Michael’s SCORES are now available for rent or purchase.
• Video excerpts from world premiere of The Nature of Light. Atlanta Symphony | Laura Ardan, clarinet